This dramatic hip-hop spoken word and dance performance depicts the death and inner life of a young woman, Myeisha Mills, based on the true story of Tyisha Miller. It reimagines the night she was shot by four police officers while she lay unconscious in a car. The two-person play takes a powerfully clear-eyed look at the relationships between race, the body, and violence by following the trajectory and impact of the 12 bullets that struck her—each one triggering its own unique memory.
This event is part of the 1968/69-2018/19: Historic Upheavals, Enduring Aftershocks Series.
Cost: FREE and open to the public
84 Church St. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Wednesday, Mar 27, 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, Apr 2, 7:30 PM
- Saturday, Mar 30, 7:30 PM
- More Events at Northrop Auditorium
- Thursday, Jun 6, 6:30 PM
- Friday, May 31, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, May 18, 8:00 PM
- More Events on April 11, 2019
- Thursday, Apr 11, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Apr 11, 1:00 PM
- Help Raising Son - Help, I'm RAISING My Son ALL By Myself! - Minneapolis, MN at The Beacon Public HouseThursday, Apr 11, 8:30 PM