Co-presented by Walker Art Center and Northrop.
Twin Cities–based ensemble Brownbody, known for “breaking down cultural barriers in figure skating” (Blavity), presents an excerpt of their new work, Tracing Steps, in conjunction with Le Patin Libre's Vertical Influences performance. Black social dances from centuries of slavery in America—including buck and wing dances and jigs—are translated to the ice, telling a vital story of resilience, resistance, and unity that continues to resonate today.
Free tickets to Brownbody’s performance are available on-site one hour before each program and are required for entry. Shows are followed by a 30-minute discussion with the artists.
800 South Snelling Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55116
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- The Minnesota Street Rod Association’s 46th annual “Back to the 50’s Weekend” at Minnesota State Fairgrounds -Warner ColiseumSaturday, Apr 27, 5:00 PM
- Saturday, Apr 27, 3:00 PM
- More Events on April 27, 2019
- Saturday, Apr 27, 7:00 PM
- Marla Butke "Blending Eurhythmics into the Kodaly Classroom" at University of St. Thomas - O'Shaughnessy Education CenterSaturday, Apr 27, 9:00 AM
- Saturday, Apr 27, 1:00 PM