for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf
By Ntozake Shange
Directed by Sarah Bellamy and Lou Bellamy
Choreography by Ananya Chatterjea
This 1974 classic which Ntozake Shange called a choreopoem, was conceived just two years before Penumbra Theatre was born. From its humble creation to critical acclaim on Broadway, the Obie Award-winning play has excited, inspired, and transformed audiences across the country. Shange’s fearless prose vividly paints intimate portraits of the pain and jubilation that women of color experience from girlhood throughout life. Shange was groundbreaking in her efforts to shatter the silence that protected abusers of women. for colored girls is a brave reckoning, a celebration, a healing ceremony, and perhaps most profoundly, an example of the awesome power a chorus of women’s voices can have.
Cost: Adult $40; Senior 62+ with ID $20; Student with ID $15
Phone: (651) 224-3180
Event url: https://penumbratheatre.org/event/for-colored-girls/#1
270 Kent St.
St. Paul, MN 55102
Other Dates & Times
- Sunday, October 7, 2018, 7:30 AM
- Saturday, September 29, 2018, 7:30 AM
- Friday, October 5, 2018, 7:30 AM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Monday, Mar 4, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Feb 23, 11:00 AM
- Friday, Sep 28, 6:30 PM
- More Events at Penumbra Theatre
- Monday, Nov 12, 7:00 PM
- Monday, Mar 25, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Aug 11, 7:00 PM
- More Events on September 30, 2018
- Sunday, Sep 30, 10:45 AM
- MATLAB App Designing: The ultimate Guide for MATLAB Apps | Simpliv at Online Course via the Center for AIWSunday, Sep 30, 7:00 AM
- Sunday, Sep 30, 7:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.