Ayurveda Cuisine Pop Up Dinner with Nalini Mehta
You are invited to savor authentic Ayurvedic cuisine on Monday, January 22nd from 5:30-8:30pm, curated by Nalini Mehta (Founder, Route To India and James Beard Foundation Grantee for Women In Culinary Leadership Program).
· Ayurvedic cooking is the yoga of food. Health and wellness is the foundation of this holistic cuisine and practice.
· Ayurveda emphasizes eating seasonal, plant based, and local foods as a means of benefitting the community and environment, which aligns this 5000 year-old approach to eating modern ideas about healthy eating and food systems. Uniquely, Ayurvedic eating encourages mindfulness around all aspects of a meal, including the health and wellbeing of the chefs in the kitchen, the process and techniques of cooking, and the sustainability and quality of ingredients of the food.
· Equally important however, is how specific foods can bring balance to the mind and body. Ayurveda encourages each person to eat for a life of balance based upon his or her own body. In Ayurveda, food is medicine; it heals the body from within.
Each guest will enjoy a personalized dining experience by taking a quiz to learn your specific dosha, or mind and body personality type. The night of the event, your three-course dinner will be made to suit your unique Ayurvedic dosha. For example, if your body is more firey and you consider yourself a Type A perfectionist, you’ll eat dishes that calm you down. Or if you’re more earthy, we'll make foods that perk you up! Eating for your body type means that the vital energies of the foods will enhance your prana, or your life force energy, recharging your mind, body and soul.
Cost: Ticket price: $50 includes Three Course Dinner and Mocktail+ Tax (alcohol and gratuity not included). Please email email@example.com to reserve your table! A credit card is required to hold your reservation. Cancellations are accepted until 24 hours prior to event.
Phone: (612) 767-9495
Event url: www.thebirdmpls.rocks/music-events/ayurveda-cuisine-pop-up-dinner-with-nalini-mehta-and-raghavan-iyer
1612 Harmon Place
Minneapolis, MN 55403
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Friday, Aug 17, 8:00 PM
- Mitzvah Crawl: A Day in the Life of Jewish Family Service of St. Paul at Jewish Family Service of St. PaulTuesday, Jun 19, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, Jun 19, 11:30 AM